I love reading about all of the assignments. It is hard to believe that it will be our turn some day.
So, now that it is November, Christmas music is officially welcome in our home. I say "officially" because starting in October (and maybe even September) Todd and the girls put on Christmas music when I am not home. But, in November, we all agree that Christmas music can be played anytime, anywhere.
At the end of last Christmas season, I got Third Day's Christmas Offering. I didn't listen to it much (at all?) last year. Todd had been listening to Christmas music and heard one of the songs, "Merry Christmas." It is about a family who is waiting for a child from China...here are some of the lyrics:
"But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire and dream about the day that I can finally call you mine. Its Christmastime again but you're not home. Your family is here but yet you're somewhere else alone..."
The song is beautiful (and it ends happy), but I get a little emotional when I hear it. Maybe next year...

No comments:
Post a Comment